Fire sparked by fireworks displaces multiple northern Va. residents

(Photos courtesy Loudoun County Fire-Rescue Services)

LEESBURG, Va. (AP) – A blaze ignited by fireworks that were improperly extinguished has displaced multiple residents in the Stone Ridge neighborhood of Loudoun County.

A two-alarm house fire ignited just before 10:30 p.m. on Saturday near Sodalite Square. Firefighters from surrounding towns and counties responded to the blaze, which shot flames from multiple floors of a town house.

Fire officials say the cause of the blaze was fireworks that were not properly put out before they were placed in a garage.

Officials say no injuries were reported but that the fire caused roughly $700,000 in damage. The displaced residents are receiving aid from the American Red Cross.

(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s