CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Crews are battling a house fire this morning in Chesterfield County, not far from the Richmond city line.
Firefighters arrived at the home around 5:36 a.m. on Tuesday, located in the 1000 block of Turner Road, to find fire and smoke coming from the home.
Crews made entry and found heavy fire conditions in the kitchen and smoke throughout the home. It took approximately 35 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries reported.
Firefighters had to access hydrants across the street, which prompted the shut down of Turner Road for several hours.
Fire Marshals determined the fire was accidental and started as a result of cooking. A pan of hot oil melted on the stove starting the fire.
Six occupants were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Stay with 8News as we continue to update you on this developing story.