Firefighters extinguish cooking fire overnight at Shockoe Bottom apartment

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A quick response from Richmond firefighters helped prevent a cooking fire from spreading inside a Shockoe Bottom apartment overnight.

It happened just before 2:00 a.m. on N. 18th Street between Marshall and Clay Streets.

Firefighters were able to quickly douse the flames inside the kitchen of the fifth floor apartment.

There’s been no word this morning on if any of the residents were left displaced by the fire.

Stay with 8News for more on this developing story.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s