Three escape house fire in Colonial Heights on Sunday

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — Three people escaped from a home during a house fire in Colonial Heights on Sunday evening.

Fire officials tell 8News that crews responded to the 400 Block of Joe Johnson Avenue for a house fire around 10:15 p.m. on Sunday.

When units arrived on scene, they found minor smoke showing. Crews quickly entered and found the fire contained to the kitchen. The fire was under control in about 20 minutes.

There were three occupants home at the time. All three made in out before crews made it on scene. They suffered minor smoke inhalation and were treated at the scene.

Unattended cooking was determined to be the cause.

Total damage to the house is estimated to be about $7000, according to fire officials. The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Stay with 8News for any updates.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s