Colon cancer is the third most common cancer in the United States and the third leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
Did you know…
- Colorectal cancer is the 3rd most commonly cancer in the US
- Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death in the US
- 1 in 18 men will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer
- 1 in 20 women will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer
Screening, Warning Signs & Prevention
Screening is recommended at age 50 for adults at average risk. While screening rates continue to rise in the U.S…
- 22 million people are still not up-to-date with colorectal cancer screening
- Colonoscopy is the gold standard of colorectal cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer has the highest survival rate if it is caught early
- In Virginia, 40 percent of colorectal cancer is diagnosed in the earliest stage
There are no early warning signs/symptoms of colorectal cancer…
- You can prevent colon cancer by being physically active
- You can prevent colon cancer by maintaining a healthy weight
- You can prevent colon cancer by eating a diet high in fruits and vegetables
- You can prevent colon cancer by limiting red and processed meats
- You can prevent colon cancer by limiting alcohol consumption
- You can prevent colon cancer by not smoking
About Bon Secours Cancer Institute
|At Bon Secours, we see cancer differently. At the Bon Secours Cancer Institute and our four area hospitals, you’ll find state-of-the-art radiation and medical oncology experts along with the latest cancer-fighting technology. The expert care teams at the Bon Secours Cancer Institute combine compassion with the best in scientific care to fight all forms of cancer. Our world-class surgical, medical and radiation oncology experts, certified oncology nurses and support staff provide the personal attention and reassurance patients and their loved ones need to heal and feel whole again.
For more information on how Bon Secours’ expert care team members combine the science to cure with the art of compassion, please visit BonSecours.com.
|Call 353-HOPE for general cancer care information.
Click here to find a Cancer Care location near you.