St. Patrick’s Day is Tuesday and revelers are spending today eating and drinking merrily.
WalletHub released its annual St. Patrick’s Day By the Numbers report which shows $4.6 billion will be spent celebrating the big day in 2015.
Numbers of note:
- 52.3%: Amount of Americans who plan to celebrate
- $36.5: Average amount St. Patrick’s partiers will spend
- 70%: Increase in cabbage shipments during St. Patrick’s week
- 13M: Pints of Guinness will be consumed worldwide on St. Patrick’s Day
- 4th: St. Patrick’s Day’s rank among the calendar’s most popular drinking days – behind New Year’s Eve, Christmas and the Fourth of July
- 276: Drunk-driving casualties on St. Patrick Day (2009 – 2013)
- $60,967: Median income for Irish-American households (vs. $52,250 for all households)