Today at the Capitol the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame’s Class of 2015 was announced, headlined by former VUU basketball star Ben Wallace, and presented to Virginia’s legislative body.
The Class of 2015 includes Wallace, who went on to play NBA basketball for 16 years and win an NBA title with the Detroit Pistons; and Johnny Grubb, a Richmond native who played Major League Baseball also for 16 years and contributed to the Detroit Tigers World Series Championship in 1984.
The other inductees are as follows:
– Fletcher Arritt, former Fork Union Military Academy basketball coach of 46 years.
– Cherie Greer Brown, All-American Lacrosse Player at UVA And National Lacrosse Hall of Fame Inductee
– Paul Hatcher, basketball coach for Robert E. Lee High School in Staunton, VA for 43 years.
– Angela Hucles, former UVA soccer player and two time gold medalist on U.S. Women’s Soccer Team
– Mike Stevens, former Sports Director of WBDJ-7 for 23 years.
The Induction Ceremony will take place in April 2015.