Heating System Failure At John Marshall High School Causes Water To Spill Into Hallways, Damages Classrooms

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — John Marshall High School was flooded with water after school officials say a heating system failed Thursday.

A student reached out to 8News and sent us this video showing the water on the ground.

Richmond Schools tells us that a heating system failed Thursday causing water to flow out of the system.

Water damaged the second floor ceiling, ultimately damaging two classrooms and a storage area.

Students have been moved to other classrooms and heat is working inside the building.

Clean up in affected areas is expected to be completed by Monday, officials say.

Stay with 8News for any updates.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s