Henrico Fire Department responded to the 8600 block of Pennsbury Pl in Henrico County’s west end for an apartment fire at 2:04am this morning. First arriving units found a small fire in the living room of a downstairs apartment. All occupants in the other apartments were able to make it out of the apartment building uninjured.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control quickly and prevent the spread to the other seven apartments in the building. The apartment where the fire originated was the only apartment to suffer fire and smoke damage. The fire was marked under control twent minutes later. Because of the quick response of Henrico fire one adult will be displaced only for a short period of time.
No one will be displaced from the other apartments by the fire. No injuries were reported by the residents of the apartment building as a result of the fire. The fire is believed to have started due to an overloaded extinction cord in the living room.