Chesterfield Business Fire Deemed Spontaneous Combustion By Officials

(Image 1)

A July fire at Better Floors, Inc. in Chesterfield County has been ruled a “spontaneous combustion” incident by investigators.

According to the Chesterfield County Fire Department, the fire at 11300 Polo Place in the county started behind the driver’s seat of a business van that was parked in the warehouse and towels inside the van that were used in the flooring process burst into flames.

The July 24 fire was deemed a two-alarm incident once fire crews reached the scene and, given the intensity of the fire, it took firefighters an hour and 15 minutes to get the situation under control.

Damage from the fire was found in the warehouse area along with several vehicles that were parked inside the building itself.

Investigators also said that there was significant smoke damage in the warehouse, with the offices and showroom only receiving minor damage.

Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s