2 Spotsylvania Deaths Caused By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(Image 1)

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. (AP) – Authorities say two men died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Spotsylvania County home.
    
Their bodies were found Monday after one of the men did not report to work and co-workers went to his house to check on him.
    
Local media says the men were identified as 55-year-old John T. Johnson and 45-year-old Carlton T. Smith.
    
Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Capt. Troy Skebo says an investigation found that power to the house had been turned off and the men were using two generators. They were not properly vented.
    
It’s not known why the power had been turned off.
    
The medical examiner’s office said the deaths were accidental, with a cause of asphyxia.
    


(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s