Grange Hall Elementary Evacuated Due to Fire

(Image 1)

MOSELEY, Va. (WRIC)—Grange Hall Elementary School was evacuated just before 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon due to reports of an electrical fire.

According to Lieutenant Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire & EMS, a commercial-sized electrical panel in the basement overheated and caught fire. Firefighters arrived on scene to find a “light haze” of smoke in the basement and one wing of the school.

Firefighters have shut off power to the building and are awaiting Dominion Virginia Power crews to assess the situation.

The school is located at 19301 Hull Street Road, near the Metro Richmond Zoo.

Students, faculty and staff were relocated to Parkway Baptist Church at 8508 Beaver Bridge Road in Moseley. No injuries have been reported. All after-school activities have been canceled.

This is a developing story. Stay with ABC 8News on air, online and on the go for updates.

Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s