- 3 (1.9-ounce) packages thawed frozen baked mini filo
- About 8 to 12 ounces ground beef or uncooked ground
chicken or turkey
- About 1 to 2 cups canned or favorite recipe refried beans
- Taco seasoning to taste
- Finely shredded taco-cheese blend as desired
- Mild or medium or hot-spiced tomato-base salsa as desired
- Sour cream or reduced-fat sour cream for garnish as
- Sprigs of cilantro as desired for garnish
Arrange filo shells on an ungreased baking sheet and set
In a medium heavy skillet lightly coated with non-caloric
vegetable cooking spray, sauté ground beef or chicken or turkey over moderate
heat, until well browned. Drain off any
excess fat and set aside.
In order, fill filo shells with a bit of refried beans and
browned ground beef or chicken or turkey.
Sprinkle each lightly with taco seasoning and then top each
with a bit of cheese. Bake in a
preheated moderate oven (350 degrees F.) for about 7 to 8 minutes or until
nachos are heated through and cheese is melted.
Top each with a dollop of salsa and then a dollop of sour cream.
To serve, arrange hot filled filo shells on a serving plate
or tray and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Note: May prepare nachos in advance to just
before baking directions. Cover and
ready to bake and serve. Add salsa and
sour cream after baking nachos.