WRIC Rewards $500 Visa Gift Card Giveaway
(Material Terms for On-Air Promos)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be Rewards Program member to enter (members entered automatically). Entry deadline at rewards.WRIC.com: 11:59 pm ET on 4/14. One winner randomly selected ~4/15. Days/times subject to change for breaking news, human error, emergency, or other reasons in rules. One prize: $500 visa gift card. Odds of winning depend on # of entries. Contest open only to legal US & VA residents in Richmond DMA, at least 18 yrs old. Limit 1 entry per person. Employees of media companies or entities associated with contest and their family members ineligible. Prize must be claimed at studio by 5/10. Prize substitution only in WRIC's discretion. Winner subject to verification. Winner responsible for taxes. Disputes subject to arbitration in VA. Winner may be required to sign releases, contest forms, provide SSN. Complete rules at WRIC.com.
- GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- ELIGIBILITY. Participation in the “WRIC Rewards $500 Visa Gift Card Giveaway” (“Contest”) is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Limit one entry per person. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prize is non-transferable by winner. Contest is offered only to legal Virginia residents who reside within the Richmond-Petersburg DMA as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services. Employees of Young Broadcasting of Richmond, Inc., Triton Digital, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), other electronic media companies operating in the Richmond-Petersburg DMA, and the immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses, and in-laws) or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible to participate. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed. Internet access is necessary in order to participate. You must be registered as a member of the WRIC Rewards Program at http://rewards.wric.com in order to enter. Registration in the WRIC Rewards Program is free.
- HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsor. The Contest Entry Period is scheduled to begin on Monday, March 25. The Entry Period ends at 11:59 p.m. (eastern time) on April 14, 2013. To enter, you must register as a member of the WRIC Rewards Program at http://rewards.wric.com. Registration in the WRIC Rewards Program is free. Once registered for the WRIC Rewards Program, you will automatically be entered into the Contest. If you registered for the Rewards Program prior to the Entry Period, you will automatically be entered. If you are not already a member of the Rewards Program, you must register for the Rewards Program by 11:59 p.m. on April 14, 2013, in order to be entered into the Contest. On or around April 15, 2013, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) entry from all timely received entries, and, subject to verification, that will be the winning entry. All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues or human error affecting the entry process, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, in Sponsor's sole discretion, than the timely or precise execution of the Contest.
- PRIZE and ODDS OF WINNING. A total of one (1) prize will be offered. The prize is one (1) $500 Visa gift card. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The prize is valued at $500. Prize is non-transferable by the winner and may not be redeemed for cash. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the prize description above are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event the scheduled prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Prize must be claimed at the WRIC-TV 8 Studios, at 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236 on any non-holiday weekday, from 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, no later than May 10, 2013 (“Claim Time”). To claim prize, winner must provide a valid driver's license, state identification card, or other valid government-issued photo identification satisfactory to the Sponsor. Failure to claim prize during the Claim Time may result in the forfeiture of the prize.
- IDENTIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS/USE OF VOICE AND LIKENESS: By entering, entrants grant WRIC-TV 8 permission to use their voice, likeness, character, and/or name. Winner further grants Sponsor full permission and authority to use his or her voice, likeness, character, and/or name in all forms of advertising or promotion without compensation, further permission, or opportunity for review.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNER AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the Contest offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the winners. Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, including any ambiguities. All decisions of Sponsor are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner of a prize is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate winner from remaining entries, or may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with or resulting from the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- DISCLAIMER/INTERNET/WARRANTIES: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winner from eligible entries received as of the early termination of the Contest should such early termination, cancellation, modification, or suspension occur. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any communications equipment, telephone network or lines, computer, on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, and (iii) assume no responsibility for any combination of the aforementioned events, including for any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in, or downloading or uploading any materials relating to, this Contest. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
- ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law, or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. Arbitration in Richmond, Virginia, shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and for this Contest. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of Virginia in Richmond shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winner agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Virginia in Richmond. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- OFFICIAL RULES and LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these official Contest rules, visit http://rewards.WRIC.com, or send an SASE to or visit the WRIC-TV 8 studios at 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236. Rules requests must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 15, 2013. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsor reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules or to alter, modify, or terminate the Contest, as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 14, 2013, to WRIC-TV 8, 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236, Attn: WRIC Rewards $500 Visa Gift Card Giveaway Winners' List.
- SPONSOR: WRIC-TV 8, 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236.