mom and her two young children are recovering after a fire broke out in their apartment
early Wednesday morning.
mother was able to drop her two children from the second-floor apartment to an
emergency responder who was outside the building. The woman then jumped from
woman says a candle, lit in honor of her Army Sergeant husband who's currently
deployed in Germany,
set fire to her living room.
children, a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old, were not harmed. The woman injured her
fire broke out in the apartment on Woodmere
Drive around 1 a.m. Wednesday. Fire crews were able
to contain the fire.
American Red Cross is assisting the family.
8News Anchor Amy Lacey has the story, Wednesday on 8News at 5:30 p.m.
Copyright 2013 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond