NO-BAKE TIPSY RUM COOKIE BALLS
about 2½ dozen cookies
I had a special request from Eric, one of the directors at WRIC-TV, I hope you will enjoy the No-Bake Tipsy Rum Cookie Balls. They also can be prepared without any liqueur in them.
- 3 cups chocolate or vanilla or cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup miniature semi-sweet or milk chocolate pieces (optional)
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans or English walnuts or cashews (optional)
- ½ cup dark rum or orange juice (see note)
- 4½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- Sifted confectioners' sugar or granulate sugar as needed (optional)
In a large bowl, combine cookie or graham cracker crumbs, semi-sweet or milk chocolate pieces of choice, nuts of choice, if used, rum or orange juice (if using orange juice, add ¼ to ½ teaspoon orange extract to mixture), and corn syrup, mixing well to form a stiff dough. Shape mixture into1-inch diameter balls. Loosely cover with wax paper and refrigerate 1 hour.
Roll each cookie ball in confectioners' or granulated sugar, coating each well.
Store cookies in a air-tight container in a cool area or in the refrigerator.
Variation: May add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, if desired.