SAUTEED ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW SQUASH PARMESAN OR ROMANO
4 to 6 servings
- 1½ tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1½ cups thinly sliced zucchini (crosswise) ( about 1½ to 2 medium)
- 1½ cups thinly sliced yellow squash (crosswise) (about 1½ to 2 medium)
- ½ to ¾ cup chopped peeled onion or green onions (include some green tops)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper
- Minced parsley (no stems) as desired (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese or as desired
In a medium to large heavy skillet, melt butter or heat oil over moderate heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and water; sauté, stirring frequently and gently, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until just crisp tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Do not overcook.
Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of minced parsley, if desired, and/or Parmesan or Romano cheese. Serve immediately.
Variation: Add about 12 whole grape (very very small) tomatoes to mixture in skillet, mixing gently, just before serving.