EMBASSY FROSTED CHICKEN PATE
about 12 servings
- 1½ cups finely ground cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup mayonnaise or reduced-fat or no-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion (include some green tops)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized/candied ginger
- 1½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and 2 to 3 drops garlic juice
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground white or black pepper to taste
- 1 to 1½ cups sour cream or reduced-fat or no-fat sour cream
- Sprigs of parsley or other fresh herbs and 2 very thin short strips pimento or sweet red pepper for garnish
- Assorted crisp crackers as an accompaniment
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except sour cream, parsley, or pimento, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Shape mixture into a crescent, oval, or circle. Arrange pate on a serving plate; completely cover pate with sour cream. Garnish with sprigs of parsley or other fresh herbs and 2 strips of pimento or sweet red pepper placed on the top of the pate in an X shape. Serve with crisp assorted crackers as spreaders.
Variations: Garnish with toasted sliced or slivered blanched almonds. Omit almonds and use chopped toasted cashews in the pate.