HEAVENLY MOCHA PUDDING
- 9 ounces semi-sweet or sweet baking chocolate
- ½ square (ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup strong-brewed coffee
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup chilled heavy cream (see note)
- Sweetened flavored whipped cream or other whipped topping for garnish
- Grated semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate-covered coffee beans as desired for garnish
In a medium heavy saucepan, melt chocolates in coffee over low heat, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
In a deep medium bowl, beat eggs until light yellow in color and thick; gradually stir a small amount of chocolate mixture into beaten eggs, blending well. Gradually add egg/chocolate mixture to remaining chocolate mixture in saucepan; stir over low heat for about 30 to 60 seconds to cook eggs in chocolate mixture. Cool thoroughly.
In a chilled deep small bowl, beat ½ cup chilled heavy cream with chilled beaters until stiff peaks are formed; fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual sherbet dishes or wine goblets and thoroughly chill in the refrigerator.
To serve, garnish each serving with a dollop of sweetened flavored whipped cream or other whipped topping and a sprinkle of grated semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate-covered coffee beans.
Note: May use 1cup thawed frozen non-dairy whipped topping in place of whipped cream, if desired; however the whipped topping is artificially sweetened and the flavor will be sweeter.