There are 5 steps:
- Inspection to determine the type of ants
- Sanitation to make sure there are no crumbs or food that are attracting them in
- Baiting system. The best way is to use a bait that gets them to bring the bait back to their nest. Otherwise you're liable to split the colony and they will come back.
- Next, may be an exterior treatment usually with a powder or some form of long term insecticide.
- Habitat modification – simply making sure there is physically no way for the ants to get in.
Contact Pestmasters at 285-1191